Wednesday, December 16, 2009

these lessons life has taught me


Even though I have a hard time facing the reality of my parents' divorce and other hardships in the best year, i have to admit i'm pretty damn lucky. if anything the struggles have taught me to thankful for what i have. i am privileged to go to Bellarmine so that I may have a good chance of me getting into the college i want to attend next year. Secondly, i am grateful to have a roof over my head last. About this time last year, money was tight and my dad was late on the house payment. it was christmas day when there was unexpected ring at the door. my dad was hesitant to answer the door so then i decide to answer the door. It was the postman. In hand, he had a small yellow piece of paper that had to signed. My dad had seen the postman give me the paper but he suddenly whispered to me "Don't sign it". Little did i know, but if i had signed that slip of paper then i would have agreed to the mortgage company to take our house away from us. This christmas i am happy to say that we are not close to losing our house but we still act fugal with our money. i am grateful that everyone in my family is healthy and doing well. Food is another thing i greatly appreciate too. The basic essentials we take granted are the things i am most appreciative of in life. Plus, these struggles i have been through, i have learned this only makes me stronger and allows to put in perspective what is most important in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment